Kategorie: History and sights
The history of the Château in Plaveč reaches as long as the 13th century. In that time there was a Gothic fortress which was re-built into a Renaissance castle at the end of the 16th century by the family of Hodicky. Then in the mid-18th century a scion of this family, from the line of de Souches family, re-built the Renaissance castle into a Baroque palace. The present classicistic form was impressed to it by the baron Albert Widmann in 1825, whose ancestors acquired the château in 1743. There is a splendid park stretching around in the surroundings of the château.
The most valued well-preserved monument in the precinct is a Romanesque rotunda from the mid-13th century.
|Tel.:||+420 724 021 853|